Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring of Redis instances

Posted 03-09-2020 07:47
    Dear all,

I would like to know if there is something planned to support Redis Enterprise with Imperva. Is there some kind of roadmap?

Thanks

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Thorsten

• 2.  RE: Monitoring of Redis instances

Posted 03-09-2020 14:35
    Can you please clarify what the business requirement is.
    Redis has DB like structure and is used by micro-services 
    We also know that there is ,multi-tenant deployment option - would this be part of the deployment 

We have looked at Redis the last few years but to date we have not had many requests for Support

• 3.  RE: Monitoring of Redis instances

Posted 03-10-2020 05:16
    Hello @phil Klassen (csp) - Imperva,

thanks for the feedback. Since we are a regulated industry we need to have some option to monitor all DB types, the decision to use Redis was made from the project for performance reasons (some million inserts per second). They actually use Redis to store the data and have it quickly available for requests. It is spread across multiple nodes but I need to check if multi-tenant is an something used.

Supporting Redis was not really an option in the past (as there was no user/role management and no audit), however this is something on the roadmap of Redis. For us it would make sense to have all covered via Imperva in the end. Moving from another DAM solution at the moment.

@Christopher Detzel Do you have some more information about "DB connect"?

Thanks​​​

Thorsten

• 4.  RE: Monitoring of Redis instances

Posted 03-09-2020 14:57
    @Thorsten Gessner
    In addition to @phil Klassen (csp) - Imperva comment, one of our product managers mentioned that once "DB connect" is launched in Q4, the current quarter but could change,  then this could be an option to configure Redis in DAM. ​​I hope this helps! ​

Let us know if you have additional questions. If this answer or Phil's answer was helpful, please Mark as Best Answer.

Christopher Detzel
    Community Manager
    Imperva