Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs

Posted 11-27-2019 12:08
    Could you please suggest, if there is any option from DAM end to send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs, whenever there is a login event happens in Database.
    Currently, we are able to configure to send an SMS to only 1 mobile number and 1 email ID/1 email group ID, through Global objects.

Thanks.
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring

• 2.  RE: Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs

Posted 12-06-2019 02:54
    Hi Rakesh,

Can you describe how to achieve this detailed that we may help you?

For email configuration, you can add more than one email action interface to action set like below:

------------------------------
    cezmi çal
    technical expert
    Barikat Cyber Security

• 3.  RE: Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs

Posted 12-08-2019 09:17
    Thanks Cezmi, I agree about email action interface, that we can add more than 1 email. 

But I am referring to Lookup Data set(under Global objects), there is any option from DAM end to send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs.
    Currently, we are able to configure to send an SMS to only 1 mobile number and 1 email ID/1 email group ID, through Lookup Data set(under Global objects).

Kindly suggest.

• 4.  RE: Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs

Posted 12-09-2019 20:23
    Hi Rakesh,

As I know, Imperva does not support sending SMS by default. How could you achieve this? Can you explain it please? Then we may help to develop this configuration.

Regards,

cezmi çal
    technical expert
    Barikat Cyber Security

• 5.  RE: Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs
    Best Answer

Posted 12-10-2019 09:20
    Rakesh,
    For the communities sake, let me fill in some details.
    Your use case is to send an email/SMS to an admin when their personal admin account is used to log onto a database.  This gives the DB admin a heads-up that their credentials are currently being used in real-time.  If they did not just personally login, they can take action.

The largest challenge to doing this in the GUI is that the email field does not support placeholders.  So a custom followed action would have to be created for every admin, which is not easy to manage as it would grow and change.

So what did we do?  Currently you are achieving this through a few custom steps and scripts.  Let me explain:
    1. We created a lookup table with three columns:  adminusername|email|SMSnumber
    2. We do data enrichment based on the username to enrich the logon events that matches the adminusername with the email and SMSnumber
    3. We created a custom followed action, calling an OS script which creates two emails:  adminusername@email.com and SMSnumber@smsemail.com
    4. The script creates and formats the email and SMS, then forwards the emails to an SMTP server.
    5. Created a Security Policy for admin logons, with a followed action to call the custom script.

What would you like to add to the lookup table?  An additional email to an Security group or something?
    Let me know what you are looking for and we can discuss modifying the script to handle additional columns.
    -Paul

Paul Hammons

• 6.  RE: Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs

Posted 12-10-2019 22:44
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for clarification. Could you share this procedure and script as a library entry in community that we may implement it on our environments?

Thanks,

cezmi çal
    technical expert
    Barikat Cyber Security

• 7.  RE: Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs

Posted 12-11-2019 13:39
    Cezmi,
    I will review internally with Imperva management on this request.
    In the meantime, if Rakesh, as the customer, would like to post them, it would be fair game for the community to utilize them and assist with updates.

Paul Hammons

• 8.  RE: Send SMS to multiple mobile numbers and email Multiple Individual email IDs

Posted 12-12-2019 08:26
    Thank you very much for your reply Paul. 

I would like to add multiple mobile numbers and email IDs to the Lookup data set for a particular username and/or for few usernames.
    Kindly suggest.