Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  DAM for Oracle Cloud

Posted 06-18-2021 13:24
    Has anyone worked with DAM in an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure?   
    The agent may work on a bare metal db instance as that is the most similar to a Linux DB server.  But is probably not supported.
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring
    #ImpervaAgent

• 2.  RE: DAM for Oracle Cloud

Posted 06-21-2021 12:56
    Hi Robert,

Great question - I wonder if @Sabajete Elezaj or @Cezmi Cal might have some insight into this query?​​​

Thanks for posting!

------------------------------
    Sarah Lamont
    Digital Community Manager

• 3.  RE: DAM for Oracle Cloud

Posted 10-01-2021 10:43
    The data security coverage tool shows that Oracle Cloud is supported by Sonar using a log collector.   I've yet to find any other documentation that supports that.

• 4.  RE: DAM for Oracle Cloud

Posted 10-05-2021 08:32
    Hi,

You have to install JSonar and try this: http://dcapdocs.jsonar.com/4.4/en/integrating-external-rdbms-data-in-sonar.html#integrating-with-oracle

Karol Gruszczynski
    IT SECURITY EXPERT
    Trafford IT
    Warsaw

• 5.  RE: DAM for Oracle Cloud

Posted 10-05-2021 10:09
    I'm just trying to determine how to ingest log files from a database using a jSonar Log Collector since Oracle OCI and IBM Cloudant are not supported by a SecureSphere agent.
    This seems to be the closest documentation - https://sonargdocs.jsonar.com/4.5/en/ingesting-non-guardium-data.html 

The link you have shows how to import data from a database, and I have concerns about putting a username and password in clear text in a configuration file.

• 6.  RE: DAM for Oracle Cloud

Posted 10-07-2021 10:52
    Hey @Robert Miller - I am doing a little bit of digging on this one for you. We'll keep you posted.
    ​​

Sarah Lamont(csp)

• 7.  RE: DAM for Oracle Cloud

Posted 10-18-2021 09:44
    Hey Robert,

I got in touch with one of our Sonar team and he told me that Sonar pulls from the db in oracle cloud using ssl (wallet), so traffic is encrypted.
    We treat oracle OCI sources just as on-prem oracle unified using wallets.

Also, the db password (like all other secrets) are encrypted in sonar. They don't sit in the file system.

I hope this helps.

Sarah Lamont(csp)