Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Report on all the Users and Profiles they are assigned to for audits

Posted 03-23-2021 17:01
    For audits we are required to provide screenshots of our user accounts setup in MX and what rights and profiles each has.

I see nothing under reports or in the GUI to do this so last time it was screenshots which for the # of accounts setup is quite tedious.

Is there a way to provide this in an easier way​?

Custom report, export in Admin portion, CLI or API?

Starting to look into but thought I would see if some more experienced techs have already figured this out.
    #On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)

------------------------------
    Scott Brandt
    Senior Security Administrator
    North Mankato MN

• 2.  RE: Report on all the Users and Profiles they are assigned to for audits

Posted 03-29-2021 15:39

Hi Scott, 

A custom system event report would probably satisfy your requirement.  Focus on match criteria noted as user…screen shot shows a few but there are several.  I'm not sure what you mean in relation to USER PROFILES. If you are referring to user permissions and role membership, your screenshot is likely the best option.

From here, it's just a matter of defining the appropriate columns in the Tabular tab.

Hope this helps!

Kurt Niendorf
    Trainer
    Tel Aviv CA

• 3.  RE: Report on all the Users and Profiles they are assigned to for audits

Posted 03-30-2021 15:21
    Good day. I have the same situation and also have to take screenshots. What you suggested is not a solution to the problem. It may be possible, if not using a report, then using a query to the Oracle database to obtain user rights.

Andrei Nalivaika
    Cyber Security Expert
    Minsk