Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Best Practice on Load Balancer Monitoring Configuration

Posted 07-05-2020 20:56
    Hi All,

Right now i have 2 active ISP Link which running as active active and the traffic is routed and load balancing by Imperva.

I would like to know what is the best configuration on monitoring the active server in case one of the active link down, the traffic shall routed to secondary ISP active IP seamlessly within single data centre.

Does any one tried the monitoring settings and able to advise the value i shall input on the "Percentage of failed request to mark the server as down" and "HTTP Request Timeout"?

Imperva Documentation Portal
    #CloudWAF(formerlyIncapsula)
    #LoadBalancer

------------------------------
    looi

• 2.  RE: Best Practice on Load Balancer Monitoring Configuration
    Best Answer

Posted 07-06-2020 15:10
    Hi there,

The simple solution is monitoring the same or different server using 2 IP one per ISP. 
    some use cases are here https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/cloud-application-security/page/more/load-balancing-use-case.htm

Say you have a S1 natted to ISP 1 for IP1 and ISP 2 for IP2 , than add both IP1 and IP2 to the active servers.  ( review LB license also for adding more that 2 servers)
    When ISP 1 goes down IP1 will have passive response failure for timeout and will not be used for that site and IP2 will remain up and active for the site. 

Thanks
    Abhishek

Abhishek Gupta
    Customer Success team
    Imperva