Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  My.Imperva login timeout

Posted 12-02-2020 07:18
    Hey All,

Trying to add some weight behind this "problem". We are being asked to move from the old Distil portal to the my.imperva portal but one of the biggest sticking points for me is the UX of it. The login timeout appears to be untamable, the notification warning you of timing out doesn't appear in the advanced bot section, if your session gets killed your open reporting tabs get killed which if a custom query you are running needs rebuilding is infuriating.

I belive there is a user voice story to fix this but would really like the priority of that to be bumped as the impact of the move will be massively damaging to the use of our product if we keep having our workflows interupted by being kicked out.

I understand why the timeout exists but needs a way to refine this or atleast treat different sections of the portal differently, I am happy if it helps product people understand to run through a session with them on the use cases and how we use the current portal and the issues with the replacement.

My ask of you all, to just comment with an upvote :)
    #AllImperva

------------------------------
    Simon Gunton
    Technical Lead - Business Operations
    Rentalcars.com

• 2.  RE: My.Imperva login timeout

Posted 12-11-2020 10:52
    @Simon Gunton did you get this taken care of?  ​I did talk to someone about this and if you create a support ticket, I was told they can change this to unlimited. It can't be done on your end, but it can be done on their end.

Christopher Detzel
    Community Manager
    Imperva

• 3.  RE: My.Imperva login timeout

Posted 12-11-2020 10:54
    Hey Chris,

Funnily enough overnight I got the same answer via reaching out to someone else in Imperva :) 

Cheers
    Simon

Simon Gunton
    Technical Lead - Business Operations
    Rentalcars.com