Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Direct access to Informix using CSM encryption

Posted 11-02-2021 05:20
    Edited by Sarah Lamont 11-03-2021 05:56
    Hi,

Did anyone tried to connect to Informix when CSM encryption is used? Based on IBM manual I need .jar file which contains com.informix.jdbc.Crypto module. Not sure where to get this file:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/informix-servers/14.10?topic=options-csm-network-encryption

Then under remote DB connection, I would create custom connection, using different jdbc which should look like
    "jdbc:informix-sqli://beacon:8779/test:INFORMIXSERVER=danon950_beacon_encrypt;user=rdtest;password=test;csm=(classname=com.informix.jdbc.Cryptoc,config=test.cfg)"

I hope user and password is added automatically, but where do I put config=test.cfg file?
    https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/informix-servers/14.10?topic=encryption-option-parameters

Is this possible to do or not?

Regards
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Rok
    System engineer

• 2.  RE: Direct access to Informix using CSM encryption

Posted 11-05-2021 06:13
    Hi Rok,

Did you manage to get any further with this query?

Thanks,

Sarah Lamont(csp)
    Digital Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Direct access to Informix using CSM encryption

Posted 11-05-2021 06:48
    Hi,

I did not get anywhere, support said it is not supported, but didn't event tried to help to try out with custom DB connection, just because of fact that none of encrypted connection to Informix is supported - and this is only internal information. For me only difference compared to OOB is configuration at the end, but I do not have jar file or know how to specify path to a file. I have also opened an enhancement request, but don't have high hopes.

Regards, Rok

Rok
    System engineer

• 4.  RE: Direct access to Informix using CSM encryption

Posted 11-05-2021 07:08

Hi Rok, 

Sorry you didn't get the answer you hoped for. I see your enhancement request in UserVoice. 

I will share it here, so that other community members who face the same issue, can add their vote to it. 

Informix CSM encrpytion – Customer Feedback for Imperva (uservoice.com)

Thanks, 

Sarah Lamont(csp)
    Digital Community Manager