Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  DBF Data Classification

Posted 03-19-2020 04:48
    Hi,

Related to DBF, to do the Data Classification in my experience requires time to do the scanning process. is there a document that tells how long the data classification is running? Because the data classification process will consume large DB server resources, and my users need the document as a reference.

Thank you
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring
    #On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)
    #All Imperva

------------------------------
    Dandy Purba Cantaka
    SINERGY INFORMASI PRATAMA

• 2.  RE: DBF Data Classification

Posted 03-19-2020 12:29
    Hi Dandy,

There are few variables involved in determining the scan time. I have seen them running from few minutes to hours based on size of the database (in regards to tables and columns).

I would recommend running it off business hours to have least impact on the classification results.

Mohini Sharma | Team Leader,On-prem Security, Managed Services.
    imperva.com | facebook | linkedin | twitter

• 3.  RE: DBF Data Classification
    Best Answer

Posted 03-20-2020 12:20
    Hi Dandy,

As @Mohini Sharma mentioned, the scan times vary depending on what you are scanning for, how big the database is, and how aggressively you are scanning.

If you users are concerned about the DB resources, you can throttle the scan.  Look at the bottom of the Scan Profiles/ Settings tab.  You should see Delay Between Queries and Number of Concurrent Database Connections.  Setting the connections to 1 and increasing the delay between queries will reduce the load, but increase the time it takes to scan.

Jim

​​​