Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  RemoteAgentCtrl - Windows

Posted 09-15-2020 07:59

Hi! I have a question about "RemoteAgentCtrl". When i was installed RemoteAgent (Windows) also I was installed RemoteAgentCtl, so how to work RemoteAgentCtrl? Does it have any connection with GW?

Thanks!

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring
    #ImpervaAgent

------------------------------
    Maximiliano Avalle

• 2.  RE: RemoteAgentCtrl - Windows

Posted 09-15-2020 08:45
    @Maximiliano Avalle

Thanks for the post. When the agent is installed there are 3  processes also installed - the agent, the agent controller and the agent watch dog. These process all perform their own function and are not intended to be interactive.

By design our customers should never need to manage or otherwise interact with these processes. In fact no changes or actions should ever be done in regards to these process unless instructed by Support.

The agent collects audit data and prepares that data to be sent to the GW. The watchdog process monitors all agent processes and ensures they are are all active. The Controller manages the communication between the agent and the GW.
    ​ 

I hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: RemoteAgentCtrl - Windows

Posted 09-15-2020 09:34

@phil Klassen (csp) - Imperva,

Thanks ​for your reply! So, which port use Controller with GW? I understand that the agent uses 443 (HTTPS) and 5555 (SSL) to GW. It Is right?

Maximiliano Avalle