Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  In ABR Mode, why do the ports needs to be removed?

Posted 03-18-2021 04:36
    Hi,

In ABR Mode of v14.3, why does it need to remove HTTP and HTTPS ports from the service?

I'm trying to find a reason for that in the documents but no explanation. What if we need to use a custom ports like 8080 or 8443?
    #On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)

------------------------------
    Oliver Naabay
    Engineer
    makati

• 2.  RE: In ABR Mode, why do the ports needs to be removed?

Posted 03-22-2021 04:18
    Currently all ports should be defined in the TRP section when moving to ABR including any port you wish to protect. You can find more info on this here: https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/v14.3-web-application-firewall-user-guide/page/76419.htm
    However, where you see:
    "Log into the Management Server GUI, and for each service that belongs to a GW that you would like to change to ABR, under the Reverse Proxy tab, translate all reverse proxy rules to TRP rules."
    It should read:
    "Log into the Management Server GUI, and for each service that belongs to a GW that you would like to change to ABR, under the Reverse Proxy tab, add suitable TRP rules instead of the HTTP ports and HTTPS ports"

I hope this helps.

Eyal Gur
    Not Provided
    Tel Aviv CA

• 3.  RE: In ABR Mode, why do the ports needs to be removed?

Posted 03-22-2021 04:25
    @Eyal Gur

Thank you very much for the response.

We enabled the TRP and for now it is working fine. But what if we need to use a custom ports like 8080 or 8443 in our web servers? Example, to access oliver.com I will use oliver.com:8080. Do we need to add these ports?​

Oliver Naabay
    Engineer
    makati