Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Data Enrichment DAM/DBF

Posted 06-19-2020 13:25
    Hello. 

Does anyone know how the Data Enrichment module works in DAM/DBF or do you have some examples of use cases to understand its operation and possible enforcement?

Thanks.
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    victor pinzon

• 2.  RE: Data Enrichment DAM/DBF
    Best Answer

Posted 06-22-2020 03:57
    Hello,

Data Enrichment can be used to enrich your audit data & help you create a column, which can later be used to search data.
    One case example: When users log in to the application, as Source Ip is always shown the IP of application, not the real IP of end-users. But, in one query they have the real IP of the client, which I will use to enrich my data.

Query: insert into login_history (login_history_id,name,description,login_ip) values (?,?,?,?) --- I will Extract Literal # 4, since the fourth ? has the info for the client login IP. This info will be shown in a column in Audit Data, so I will see in real-time from which Ip are users logged in.

I also use it for Application User tracking and Data Set enrichment. I recommend you play a little with data enrichment since it is a very powerful feature and helped me a lot in many cases.

More info on how to configure: https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/v14.1-management-server-manager-user-guide/page/Introduction_to_Data_Enrichment.htm

Sabajete Elezaj
    SNT Albania