Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  What is the best practice to onboard Web application which is site load balanced by GTM

Posted 06-24-2020 07:52
    Is any one can advise is this a best approach to configure the Application's Origin server to in Cloud WAF for GTM and non GTM load balanced application.
    Sample Website.    www. myhelp.com
    if the site is load balanced using other GTM, what would be the origin server configuration for this application?
    When we try adding the GTM name servers  FQDN in settings-> general ->origin server settings. 
    Incapsula is resolving the DNS and its throwing an error. Can any one share their experience with GTM site load balanced application on boarding 
    Note: We should not miss the site load balancing functionality due to incapsula WAF protection. same time site load balancing functionality should be through only GTM.
    Please share experience on this.
    #CloudWAF(formerlyIncapsula)

------------------------------
    Madhu Gudla

• 2.  RE: What is the best practice to onboard Web application which is site load balanced by GTM

Posted 06-24-2020 16:26
    @Madhu Gudla I'm trying to find you an answer. I will get an expert or I will post something as soon as I find some help for you.

Christopher Detzel
    Community Manager
    Imperva

• 3.  RE: What is the best practice to onboard Web application which is site load balanced by GTM

Posted 06-26-2020 09:54
    @Madhu Gudla, I pride myself in trying to get good answers for the community, but in this case, I can't find one. If you are looking for an answer a bit more quickly, you might be better off contacting our support team. My apologies for not being able to help here.

Something that would be helpful, is when you do find a solution to this, that you can come back here and post what solved your problem. 

Send an email to
    support@incapsula.com

Christopher Detzel
    Community Manager
    Imperva

• 4.  RE: What is the best practice to onboard Web application which is site load balanced by GTM

Posted 07-06-2020 15:34
    Hi Madhu,

The best option is to use a Shadow Host for site to have a proper resolution via GTM. 

site.domain.com ->  Imperva (shadow Host) -> Origin

Site.domain.com points to Imperva Cnames.  
    Site.domain.com has origin settings to Shadow.domain.com.
    Shadow.domian.com points to IP or resolved by R53/GTM.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks
    Abhishek

Abhishek Gupta
    Customer Success team
    Imperva

• 5.  RE: What is the best practice to onboard Web application which is site load balanced by GTM

Posted 07-10-2020 19:43
    Hi Abhi,

Thank you for information, I am working on this solution will keep you posted my understanding on this.

appreciated for your response.

Regards,
    Madhu

Madhu Gudla

• 6.  RE: What is the best practice to onboard Web application which is site load balanced by GTM

Posted 01-22-2021 16:24
    Hello Madhu Gudla

Finally, did you find a correct implementation of Imperva cloud WAF with a GTM?

victor pinzon