Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Incapsula -script affects Google-pagespeed

Posted 10-11-2021 05:45
    Hi!

As we`re working on optimisation our website mirantis.com for Pagespeed score, we`ve found that Incapsula-javascript slows down our pagespeed score (screenshot attached). That`s fine for Desktop-score, but negatively affect on Mobile-pagespeed.
    Sometimes Incapsula-script doesn`t load when page loads, in that case Pagespeed-score showing higher results than when Incapsula-script is being loaded.

Below is the screenshot of Mobile-pagespeed without Incapsula-script (sometimes it doesn`t load along with page-assets)

Here`s the Mobile-pagespeed with Incapsula-script:

So, I assume that script negatively affect on Pagespeed-score and I wonder if we could avoid loading that script? What is its purpose? Is it necessary to make Incapsula work correctly? Could we at least turn it off for mobile pages only?

BR,
    Yevhen
    #CloudWAF(formerlyIncapsula)

------------------------------
    Yevhen Marynych
    Mirantis

• 2.  RE: Incapsula -script affects Google-pagespeed

Posted 10-27-2021 13:20
    Yevhen,

That script is part of the Client Classification process.  

See https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/cloud-application-security/page/settings/client-classification.htm for details on Client Classification.

There are some changes you can make in the GUI, but the best thing to do is reach out to support with details about when you want to turn it off.  

Jim

Jim Burtoft (Prm)
    SE
    Imperva
    State College PA

• 3.  RE: Incapsula -script affects Google-pagespeed

Posted 10-28-2021 05:43
    Edited by Yevhen Marynych 10-28-2021 05:43
    Thanks for the reply and clarification, Jim! 

I probably reach out to support to figure out how to fix that.

BR,
    Yevhen

Yevhen Marynych
    Mirantis