Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Application Cloning?

Posted 02-03-2021 07:02
    Hi, 

I was wondering, if there is a way to clone an existing application? Something similar to create a new Policy based on an existing one?

I have a web application, which has three different enviroments. Dev, Test and Production.

Let's say the Test application learned all the URLs, methods, parameters, etc. duing the testing interval and ready to move to production. 

Can I make a copy of this existing application and link it to my production enviroment?

I know I could link the exising application to another Host name in Service <nobr>Host/URL to Application Mapping, but that would mean if I was to add new URLs, etc. to the Test Application, the modifications are automatically
    appear in the production enviroment as well.

Or I can link the existing application to production and create a new one for testing, but it would start from scratch.

Any ideas?

Regards

</nobr>
    #On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)

------------------------------
    Attila Pozsonyi
    Hungarian State Treasury
    Budapest

• 2.  RE: Application Cloning?

Posted 02-04-2021 11:04
    Hello,

Not sure how much may it help you but web profiles can be imported/exported.
    Go to Setup->Sites->Site->Server Group->Service and choose Import/Export on Action.

It seems is saves the tree path so it goes under the same service, as in this test i made (maybe you can make some tests on your own):
    But if you have different MX for different infrastructure it would work great. I do not have very much experience with it but just an idea to test if it is beneficial to you. 

Best,

Sabajete Elezaj
    SNT Albania

• 3.  RE: Application Cloning?

Posted 02-04-2021 11:24
    Hello, 

Exactly what I was looking for! 

It seems that Serice Export is not allowed in Reverse Proxy mode, but I could export and import my application successfully, under the same service. This perfectly suits my needs for now!

Thanks for your help again!

Best Regards

Attila Pozsonyi
    Hungarian State Treasury
    Budapest