Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Throughput Monitor of Dashboard Menu

Posted 10-22-2019 07:50

As I understand, the Throughput graph shows the current network throughput on the gateway in stead of applicative throughput. Moreover, "Gateway throughput" system events are also triggered based on this value. When I checked it from gateway's /proc/hades/status file, total throughput value matches with the graph but not applicative throughput.

I think, this issue (both graph and system event) is causing misunderstanding about license usage (license exceed, audit loss, etc.) and it should be changed.
    #AllImperva

------------------------------
    cezmi çal
    technical expert
    Barikat Cyber Security

• 2.  RE: Throughput Monitor of Dashboard Menu

Posted 10-22-2019 08:49
    Thanks you for the comment/feedback. You are correct on the technical aspects and we have heard this comment from other customers. 
    There are some technical challenges in providing the applicative throughput which has delayed progress on this topic.
    The product teams are aware of this and we have a few feature requests around this topic.

Ideally we would have both total and applicative so you can see the total load. If the load exceeds the the throughput max for the GW due to non-applicative traffic it can impact performance. So both should be monitored

Hopefully we can make some progress on this in the near future

• 3.  RE: Throughput Monitor of Dashboard Menu

Posted 10-27-2019 17:14
    This is indeed a known request and we have a roadmap item to be looking into improving the visibility of the throughput.
    Thanks,

Eyal Gur
        WAF Product Manager, Imperva

Eyal Gur