Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the percentage of false positives for data classification and can it detect data types like driver's license?

• 1.  What is the percentage of false positives for data classification and can it detect data types like driver's license?

Posted 04-27-2020 13:52
    Edited by Christopher Detzel 06-09-2020 14:54
    During @Ran Rosin webinar on the new CDS product, I have a question on what are the percentages of false positives for data classification and can it detect data types like driver's license?
    #CloudDataSecurity

------------------------------
    Dideolu Badmus

• 2.  RE: What is the percentage of false positives for data classification and can it detect data types like driver's license?

Posted 04-27-2020 13:56
    Hi @Dideolu Badmus, Thank you for your question.

For the false positives, I don't have the specific number, so I can't tell you what the ratio of false positive is. We do have a confidence level for each one. We have possible threat and sensitive, so it's not just a binary mode. And the customer can go and address false positive.

We didn't get any specific from all the data that we have and the customer, it was not raised as an issue until now. And we're enhancing it all the time. So I don't have the specific rate of false positive, but it was not an issue until now, in the way we worked.

More information can be found on this community blog post. 
    Transcript and Video from Webinar: How to Protect Data and be Compliant When Embracing the Cloud

Ran Rosin
    Director of Product Management
    Imperva
    tel aviv