Imperva Cyber Community

Expand all | Collapse all

How to review the number of data or row count from the table

• 1.  How to review the number of data or row count from the table

Posted 14 days ago
    Hi Community,

To review the audit data view, there is two column which are affected rows & response size.

How can we determine from audit data view to check the number of data or row count from selected table?

Eg: if there is user issue command below, will affected rows & response size able to show how many data was been extracted?

1. SELECT TOP n column-names
    2. FROM sensitive-table-name

If there is any other ways to show the number/total count of data extracted from the query, feel free to comment.

Thank you.
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    kahhou looi

• 2.  RE: How to review the number of data or row count from the table

Imperva Employee
    Posted 11 days ago
    Hi Kahhou,

Thank you for this question.
    We are receiving requests to give indication about the size of the extracted data in audit a lot.
    The answer to this question depends on which Log Collector or agent and DB you are using, but in general these 2 fields can provide the needed data.
    Following my discussion about this with our Developing Engineer, here're few points that I would like to address:
    1. Affected rows is a field relevant for operation like insert/update/delete, not all queries, for example not SELECT.
    2. Response size is the actual size of response for a single query (not session).
    You can also use Time Grouping fields to analyze the data, as described here: https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/v12.6-database-activity-monitoring-user-guide/page/3756.htm.
    Let me know if it helps!

Ira Miga
    Imperva
    Knowledge Engineer