Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Changes to existing domain names

Posted 09-24-2020 03:14
    Hi

I have a couple of websites that had been onboarded 2 years ago.

However, there is a need to change domain names to a new top level domain. This means that the site domain will be changed from a .com to a .gov (example)  The new top level domain name will be purchased by my client. 

Is it possible to just edit the existing domain name in Imperva without any changes to the A record?

Best Regards
    #DDoSProtectionforWebsites

------------------------------
    Nolan Kam
    Deloitte Consulting Pte Ltd

• 2.  RE: Changes to existing domain names

Posted 09-24-2020 15:15
    Hi Nolan,

It is not always possible if available cert does not cover the new domain. The rules may need to be corrected to reflect new domains.
    However changing the name is possible for sites but it needs to be reviewed and if found unsuitable a new site need to eb created.

Another option is to add a custom cert with existing  and  new domain SAN and use cname reuse where change of site name is not needed https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/cloud-application-security/page/more/cname-reuse.htm in Imperva if the origin is same.

Please open a support ticket for specific details with expected changes needed. 

Abhishek Gupta
    Customer Success team
    Imperva

• 3.  RE: Changes to existing domain names

Posted 09-24-2020 20:59
    Hi Abhishek

Thank you. Yes, I had contacted Imperva Support as well and the advice given is to delete the existing site, redo the on-boarding activities and then to replace the SSL certificate with the new SSL bearing the new domain name. 

Best Regards

Nolan Kam
    Deloitte Consulting Pte Ltd