Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Delivery API security

Posted 08-04-2020 08:02
    Hello colleagues,

I´ll set up API security for a customer and I need information how to do it, I don´t know if someone has best practices about this or issues that I can have during the set up. Some information are welecome.

Regards!!
    #APISecurity

------------------------------
    Rafael lopez martinez
    Imperva WAF Architect

• 2.  RE: Delivery API security

Posted 08-04-2020 08:17
    @Rafael Lopez

We have a few things that should help.

Imperva Community webinars coming up on API Security. Make sure you register:

Introduction to API Security  @Peter Klimek

Aug 5, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (CT)
    API's are the building blocks of all modern connected software. They power everything from mobile apps, modern web applications, IoT devices, and are the language businesses use to exchange information. The explosive growth of the number of API's on the internet is a direct result of the immense potential API's have to transform every business.

Securing API's Part 2: Mitigating Input Validation Vulnerabilities @Peter Klimek
    Sep 23, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (CT)
    APIs play a critical role in empowering the digital economy…but since apps are being churned out faster than security teams can secure them, businesses are exposed on a massive -- and growing -- attack field. In the second part of our series on Securing API's, we're going to take a deep dive into understanding and mitigating Input Validation vulnerabilities in API's.

How to Monitor Access to Sensitive Data Through Applications and APIs @Brian Anderson
    Sep 30, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (CT)

Join our briefing with @Brian Anderson, Imperva Director of Technology, where he will discuss modern methods we have incorporated within our solution to provide clients:

• Complete Edge to End visibility and protection of data access, no matter the source – users, applications, APIs, etc.
    • Classification of sensitive data being accessed
    • Correlated insights to prevent and protect malicious access

Here are some articles from our documentation site that should help you a ton.

Imperva API Security​ - Gives you a quick understanding and overview of API Security. 

​​​I hope these help.

Christopher Detzel
    Community Manager
    Imperva