Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Downgrade m170

Posted 03-25-2022 18:17
    i have a mx170 and gateway x6520 but the version is 14.1 y want downgrade to version 13.6 its possible?
    What consideration should I take?

Regards
    #AllImperva

------------------------------
    Bompart
    none
    Mexico City

• 2.  RE: Downgrade m170

Posted 03-26-2022 15:32
    Hi,

1. Imperva has never made the downgrade official tool. Maybe something exists but it is not shared.
    2. Location of full configuration GW files is on the MX under: /opt/SecureSphere/server/SecureSphereWork/conf_classes3.
    3. When you do upgrade the MX then the database ORACLE is changed. I think it is impossible to recover the Full Export from the newer version on the older version.
    4. During the pre-upgrade tests and scans, MX should do a full backup. If you have this backup you can recover it.  First recover the MX from scratch (USB), after that set the same network configuration and restore the backup.
    5. when MX will be working well then you can reimage the GW from scratch, set the same network and name settings, and register it to the MX as replaced GW.
    6. If you do not have the Full Export system (the backup of MX) then you have a lot of work because you have to do the new implementation. You can use the Export/Import feature but it takes a lot of time.

If you need some help please feel free to write me on priv.

Karol Gruszczyński
    IT Security Expert
    Trafford IT
    Warsaw