Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Is there any way to bypass the TRP feature for specific clients?

Posted 11-26-2020 02:06
    We would like to bypass the TRP feature for specific clients. we would need this because there are some internal clients connecting through WAF where we dont need WAF to terminate the connections?

Is there any way? the option ignore source ip group option we believe is to bypass the sec policis on WAF not the TRP feature?
    #On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)

------------------------------
    Nishanth Minikkaran
    Allianz technology

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to bypass the TRP feature for specific clients?

Posted 11-29-2020 22:42
    Hi @Nishanth M

As far as i know, I don't see any way where we can bypass TRP feature for specific clients. TRP is applied to an HTTP service as a whole.​​

Nikhil Chodankar
    Prudential Services Asia

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to bypass the TRP feature for specific clients?

Posted 11-30-2020 15:10
    Nikhil is correct; there is no way to by pass the TRP flow of traffic for a specific client (end user or IP address).

I'd be interested to understand the motivations or reasoning behind looking into wanting to bypass TRP; as there could be a valuable datapoint there that I wouldn't want to miss.

Also, there's always the concern that having protected paths/routes to an application and unprotected paths/routes to an application introduces additional risk to the business.  Do you have concerns about load or performance?

John Thompson

• 4.  RE: Is there any way to bypass the TRP feature for specific clients?

Posted 12-12-2020 17:26
    One solution could be to assign these users either a dedicated IP address or a dedicated port on the web server.

Roee Sharon
    RSECURE