Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  SecureSphere Agent on a Oracle RAC environment

Posted 12-17-2020 01:25

Dear Experts,

Greetings!

I would like to share my experiences and perhaps seek some helpful advise. Upon installing an agent in a AIX/Oracle RAC platform with two DB nodes both active sharing loads (balance), we encountered abnormal behavior in the load balancing feature where most of the load became concentrated to Node A. One node became over utilized affecting the overall performance (slow).

Another DB server under same platform, been encountering RDP disconnection. SecureSphere is running under simulation mode, no created security policy yet, all the policies are in default.

We decided to disconnect the agents from the gateway. Imperva support advise is to enable the CPU usage restraining under settings.

System owners are still hesitant to activate the agent again thinking that the problem might reoccur.

For those who are using Imperva with same Oracle RAC platform as I have, do you also experience the same?

Thank you very much!

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Marvin Galvez
    Chinabank PCCI
    Makati City WA

• 2.  RE: SecureSphere Agent on a Oracle RAC environment

Posted 12-29-2020 07:45

Hey Marvin, 

I can see this was answered on a duplicate thread.

I am sharing the link here for anyone who encounters similar issues: https://community.imperva.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=49&MessageKey=f8de8ba4-2a7d-4da3-8152-7fbfe06ed167&CommunityKey=39c6092a-d67a-4bc2-8134-bfbb25fc43af&tab=digestviewer.

Many thanks,

Michael Franklin