Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can Imperva Cloud WAF Advanced Bot Protection stop sneaker bots and make sure people can buy fairly?

• 1.  Can Imperva Cloud WAF Advanced Bot Protection stop sneaker bots and make sure people can buy fairly?

Posted 06-12-2020 07:10
    In a recent webinar, Cloud WAF Advanced Bot Protection (ABP)customers asked several questions. One of the questions was around Imperva's product called Cloud WAF Advanced Bot Protection (ABP) I will have Impeva's very own @Brooks Cunningham answer this question. ​
    #AdvancedBotProtection
    #CloudWAF(formerlyIncapsula)

------------------------------
    Christopher Detzel
    Community Manager
    Imperva

• 2.  RE: Can Imperva Cloud WAF Advanced Bot Protection stop sneaker bots and make sure people can buy fairly?

Posted 06-12-2020 08:27
    @Christopher Detzel

Good question. We stop all types of automation. There's tons of frameworks out there, Selenium, Phantom JS, and we can stop that type of web scraping. There are corner cases and it's a very much so a cat and mouse game where we try to build the defenses stronger and stronger, but we've certainly been extraordinarily successful with Imperva Cloud WAF Advanced Bot protection with stopping some of the most advanced threats that we've come across. When I'm talking about threats, it's not, there can be the assumption that it's one or two individuals that are building some of this tooling, but that's not necessarily the case. There's entire companies that their entire business  built scraping, and collecting information or doing nefarious activity. With what we're doing and what we're achieving with this product, isn't stopping the individual types of traffic, we're really stopping huge swaths of automation. And we do have customers that do battle sneaker bots, and we have a really good relationship with them, and I suspect that they wouldn't be a customer of ours if we weren't meeting their use case.

Brooks Cunningham