Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Unable to login into MX through CLI with Admin Account

Posted 06-09-2021 06:34
    Hi,

Its my very first post here and i need urgent support to fix the CLI login into MX with 'admin' user account.

I am able to login to MX GUI with same 'admin' credentials, but getting 'access denied' while login to cli. I am able to login to CLI with 'root' user.

Can you please guide me how can i fix it.

I also tried to check if ssh is locked for this 'admin' user account from 'root' userid login but no luck and got below error.

#On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)
    #AllImperva

------------------------------
    Pradeep Kumar Mall
    Professional Services Consultant
    Dubai

• 2.  RE: Unable to login into MX through CLI with Admin Account

Posted 06-09-2021 07:02
    Hi Pradeep,

The user admin for SSH is different from the user admin for GUI and the passwords are different as well.
    User admin for CLI is the default user for impcli and the default password is admin.
    See here: https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/v12.6-administration-guide/page/7254.htm
    let me know if this what you need.
    Best,

Ira​

Ira Miga
    Imperva
    Knowledge Engineer

• 3.  RE: Unable to login into MX through CLI with Admin Account

Posted 06-09-2021 07:35
    Hi Ira,

First of all, many thanks for your quick support and response here as well as on mail.

I have checked all the users for WAF MX & GW. by default there are admin, root, secure & system user accounts and mostly we get the access of CLI or GUI with 'admin' account itself with same password.

As of now, i dont know but yes, i just tried to login again with 'admin' user credentials and i got the SSH access.

Thanks for your time Ira.

Much appreciated for support.

Pradeep Kumar Mall
    Professional Services Consultant
    Dubai