Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Needing Help with Reports (Task: DB Users + Last login IN )

Posted 04-07-2021 07:33
    Edited by Sarah Lamont 04-08-2021 07:12
    Hello dear Imperva community.

Life has developed in such a way that now I am responsible for the security of databases and I got such a wonderful tool as Imperva in my hands.
    I am new to working with this system, but I already have respect for this software - they is amazing.

Unfortunately, I do not have experience in application, I would like to ask more experienced for solving the problem (or ideas for solving it).

Task:
    As part of a scheduled audit, it is necessary to make a report on databse users who have not logged in for a long time (more than 6 months, additional control our IT Dep).

How I think this must be a like a report which will indicate
    1) All users of the database
    2) Last login date.

I tried to do that through policy and audit (additional field of the last time of the event).

I would be grateful for your help and experience!

*************************************************************************************************
    How the additional information to my qustion:

I recive a report on users and their logins, but the report does not show all users (maybe, how is additional idea, make an separate report on database users)?

- I tryed, but report shows only users who have any event in DB (over a need period of time) and the end result i cant see not active users.

Any ideas?

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Sergey Malovidchenko
    Lead Engineer
    Moscow

• 2.  RE: Needing Help with Reports (Task: DB Users + Last login IN )

Posted 04-08-2021 09:26
    Hello,

Do you have User Rights Management module configured for this database? If yes you can use the "Account Last Used" filed in the URM reports.

You should still keep in mind this article: https://docs.imperva.com/howto/fa28ca21
    Hope it helps and it is what you are looking for.
    Best,

Sabajete Elezaj
    Security Engineer
    Snt Albania
    Tirana

• 3.  RE: Needing Help with Reports (Task: DB Users + Last login IN )

Posted 04-08-2021 09:53
    Thank you very much!

Reports still have a lot unnecessary information, But i think this is the right way, I will definitely try to figure it out.

Thanks again.

Sergey Malovidchenko
    Lead Engineer
    Moscow