Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  What to suggest to 'Gateway and Cluster passwords do not match' problem after changed gw hostname

Posted 02-21-2020 08:53
    Hi,
    We have changed gateway hostname which is backup manager role for cluster .Than the gateway didn't register cluster and has got "Gateway and Cluster passwords do not match" warning with invalid gateway status. 
    I implemented Imperva's suggest like below but the problem is still going.

1-Stop gateway;
    #impctl gateway stop

2-Change "Imperva" user password;
    #impctl gateway password config --password=XXXXXXXXXX

3-Start gateway;
    #impctl gateway start

after that I checked gateway state on cli;

#impctl  status
    gateway registered,running
    watchdog running
    ​​
    And than I checked "Imperva" user's password hash for all gateways and all of them were same but on Mx UI the gateway state is not running and warning is still going .
    **Note: Any DAM agent is not registered on gateway. 

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Aziz çetin
    Barikat Siber Güvenlik
    Istanbul

• 2.  RE: What to suggest to 'Gateway and Cluster passwords do not match' problem after changed gw hostname

Posted 02-23-2020 09:48
    Hi Aziz,

The MX relearns per-cluster password hash when all Gateways in the cluster change their password to a new password.
    Try to reboot all the Gateways in the cluster or type impctl gateway restart on each Gateway in the cluster.
    After the reboot, the Gateway status goes to invalid and after a few minutes the status change to OK.
    Validate that all the gateways shows normal cluster status.
    Let me know if this helps.

Ira Miga
    Imperva
    Knowledge Engineer

• 3.  RE: What to suggest to 'Gateway and Cluster passwords do not match' problem after changed gw hostname

Posted 02-24-2020 01:41
    Hi Ira,
    Thanks for reply, I tried your suggest and restart all gateway in the cluster but Manager gateway status changed running to invalid too. Now, cluster does not working. Manager and back manager gateways are invalid status.And agents status changed running to bad connectivity which were registered on manager gateways
    so I registered them other gateways.

Aziz çetin
    Barikat Siber Güvenlik
    Istanbul

• 4.  RE: What to suggest to 'Gateway and Cluster passwords do not match' problem after changed gw hostname

Posted 02-24-2020 05:44
    Also we deployed new VM and replaced these two gateways but same problem is continue.

Aziz çetin
    Barikat Siber Güvenlik
    Istanbul