Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Data Security Coverage Tool

Posted 11-12-2020 07:35
    Hi,
    I am wondering if there is an option to extract or export the full compatibility matrix information.
    For a handful of OS/DB/Agents combinations, the tool may be useful. Anything more than that, its quite painful as they JS is slow and multiple correlations have to be made to get the correct combination.

For example, selecting a version of the agent shows a list of OSs and DBs that are supported. However, it does not imply that every OS shown in the list will support every DB version in the list.

An option for data to be sync or exported will be useful.
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    spencer chong
    Standard Chartered Bank

• 2.  RE: Data Security Coverage Tool

Posted 11-13-2020 08:07
    @Spencer Chong

Thank you for the post. We are working on a reporting option, but as of now there is no simple way to implement that today in the tool

Christopher Detzel
    Community Manager
    Imperva

• 3.  RE: Data Security Coverage Tool

Posted 11-16-2020 05:00
    Hi Christopher,
    Thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to the availability of the reporting tool.
    A suggestion: It would be good if lists based on DB type or OS Type is made available as files for each agent version. 

Cheers.

spencer chong
    Standard Chartered Bank

• 4.  RE: Data Security Coverage Tool

Posted 11-17-2020 07:22
    Edited by Mayuranathan Palanichamy 11-17-2020 07:23
    Hi,
    You have 2 options to get the information.
    1. Select any one of the Agent version or GW/MX version or OS version or DB version using the below link.
    https://www.imperva.com/data-security-coverage-tool/
    2. Download the whichragent file from FTP and Run the below command in the command prompt for Non-windows systems.
    ./whichragent -v 14.0

Thanks

Mayuranathan Palanichamy
    IHIS
    Singapore

• 5.  RE: Data Security Coverage Tool

Posted 11-23-2020 02:26
    Edited by Spencer Chong 11-23-2020 02:27
    ​Hi Mayuranathan,
    Thanks for the suggestions. However, (1) becomes very tedious when we have many versions of OS and multiple OS versions.
    And there are no options to export the information for offline analysis. The final output is also a play with the JS formatting and hence it makes copying or scrapping of the info very tedious.

I actually did a look at the whichscript file in hope to reverse engineer that. But even for Unixes, it relates more to the kernel version. I don't find info relating to the DB in the script. I might have missed it though.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Spencer