Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  How to review the number of data or row count from the table

Posted 07-23-2020 01:11
    Hi Community,

To review the audit data view, there is two column which are affected rows & response size.

How can we determine from audit data view to check the number of data or row count from selected table?

Eg: if there is user issue command below, will affected rows & response size able to show how many data was been extracted?

1. SELECT TOP n column-names
    2. FROM sensitive-table-name

If there is any other ways to show the number/total count of data extracted from the query, feel free to comment.

Thank you.
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    kahhou looi

• 2.  RE: How to review the number of data or row count from the table

Posted 07-26-2020 06:09
    Hi Kahhou,

Thank you for this question.
    We are receiving requests to give indication about the size of the extracted data in audit a lot.
    The answer to this question depends on which Log Collector or agent and DB you are using, but in general these 2 fields can provide the needed data.
    Following my discussion about this with our Developing Engineer, here're few points that I would like to address:
    1. Affected rows is a field relevant for operation like insert/update/delete, not all queries, for example not SELECT.
    2. Response size is the actual size of response for a single query (not session).
    You can also use Time Grouping fields to analyze the data, as described here: https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/v12.6-database-activity-monitoring-user-guide/page/3756.htm.
    Let me know if it helps!

Ira Miga
    Imperva
    Knowledge Engineer