Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  can I install the rpm file from version 12.0 patch 42 without installing the last patch from version 10.5 ?

Posted 05-19-2020 17:48
    Edited by Christopher Detzel 05-20-2020 16:23
    Hello community, I hope you can help me in this walk that I start with imperva.

I need to update an appliance that has version 10.5.0.13 and I want to install version 13.5.

For this I understand that I need to install the latest patch for version 10.5, however I do not find any patch for this version on the ftp site.

The intention is to get to version 13.5 and reviewing the path upgrades, I see that the path upgrade can be
    10.5> 12.0> 13.5 But I have this question: can I install the rpm file from version 12.0 patch 42 without installing the last patch from version 10.5 ??? Thanks in advance Regards.

#All Imperva

------------------------------
    Juan Nogueron
    CD MX

• 2.  RE: can I install the rpm file from version 12.0 patch 42 without installing the last patch from version 10.5 ?

Posted 05-20-2020 03:22
    Hi Juan,

The latest patch is not available since this version is End of Life already. 
    You will need to upgrade to 12.6 and after that you can open a case with Support to run Upgrade Validation so you will be able to upgrade to the latest version safely.
    About the latest patch, this is the latest patch available for that version.
    Best,

Ira Miga
    Imperva
    Knowledge Engineer

• 3.  RE: can I install the rpm file from version 12.0 patch 42 without installing the last patch from version 10.5 ?

Posted 05-20-2020 11:44
    Hi Juan,

To add to Ira's post, the updates and patches for software versions that are no longer supported are moved to a different folder (DownloadsArchive) on Imperva's FTP server.  When you login to the FTP server, follow the path below to find the latest patch for version 10.5, which is Patch60.  You are correct, it is best practice to apply the latest patch before upgrading to the next major version.

/DownloadsArchive/SecureSphere_Patches/v10.5/64bit

Rich Blais