Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

(Windows servers) "Couldnt initialize TCP external traffic monitor in kernel ; couldnt initialize TCP local traffic monitor

• 1.  (Windows servers) "Couldnt initialize TCP external traffic monitor in kernel ; couldnt initialize TCP local traffic monitor

Posted 03-31-2023 01:41
    Edited by Glenn Chiang 03-31-2023 01:42

Hi all, 

Like to seek your kind advice.

I have encountered the following error message in the agent's activity logs:

Couldnt initialize TCP external traffic monitor in kernel ; couldnt initialize TCP local traffic monitor

i have configure these setting in my advanced configuration and restarted the agent.
    <external-traffic-monitoring-in-kern>1</external-traffic-monitoring-in-kern> <mssql-advanced-monitoring>1</mssql-advanced-monitoring>

I was unable to resolve it. 

Details:
    Microsoft server 2016 edition
    MSSQL 
    windows agent 14.5 patch 71

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Glenn Chiang
    i-Security Engineer
    M.Tech Products Pte Ltd
    Singapore

• 2.  RE: (Windows servers) "Couldnt initialize TCP external traffic monitor in kernel ; couldnt initialize TCP local traffic monitor

Posted 04-03-2023 04:26

Hi Glenn,

Speaking about DAM agent, the error you are sharing is pretty general one and can be caused by different reasons. I would suggest you to open case with On-Prem Support team and allow us to investigate the issue, find root cause and suggest proper solution.

BR,
    Marat Makhlin.

MaratMakhlin