Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  MSSQL 2012 Agent Support

Posted 02-03-2022 10:03
    Our agents are currently at version 13.2. The Data Security Coverage Tool does not list MSSQL 2012 as an option and clicking other versions makes all options unavailable. What is the last version of the imperva agents that supports MSSQL 2012? Or where can I find the database coverage tables for agents not listed on the Data Security Coverage Tool?
    #ImpervaAgent

------------------------------
    Marisela Berrios
    Database Administrator
    Providence RI

• 2.  RE: MSSQL 2012 Agent Support

Posted 03-14-2022 12:51
    Hey, Marisela! I had the same issue. I updated the MSSQL agent version to 13.6.0.70.0.615837. It is now running without errors.

Melinda

• 3.  RE: MSSQL 2012 Agent Support

Posted 03-16-2022 08:01
    Thanks for the tip @Melinda Wohlfeil.

@Marisela Berrios Have you been able to try Melinda's suggestion? ​​

Sarah Lamont(csp)
    Digital Community Manager

• 4.  RE: MSSQL 2012 Agent Support

Posted 03-16-2022 08:47
    I had also placed a support ticket at this time and received no official answer. Our agency decided to leave the agent in their current version, and any newer versions of SQL upgrade to 14.4. Without official documentation, our agency is not comfortable upgrading the agents.

Marisela Berrios
    Database Administrator
    Providence RI

• 5.  RE: MSSQL 2012 Agent Support

Posted 03-18-2022 19:05
    Edited by Paul Hammons 03-18-2022 19:05
    Marisela,
    Imperva no longer supports MS SQL Server 2012.  We do not support databases which have gone EOL by the manufacturer.  See Imperva's EOL policy here:  End Of Life Policy | Imperva  (at the bottom titled "End of Support Policy for Third-Party Products")

MS SQL Server 2012 went EOL in 2017:  Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - Microsoft Lifecycle | Microsoft Docs

While the agent may continue to run on this database, the MX and GW no longer contain the information required to parse the data correctly.  For instance, SQL 2012 is now an unknown database in the MX and much of the functionality will not work.  This support is not related to the version of the agent, but rather the version of the MX.  The last version of the MX supporting SQL 2012 was v11, which is also no longer supported by Imperva.

Hope that helps to clarify.

Paul Hammons
    Imperva Senior Sales Engineer
    Cape Coral, Florida