Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  DAM - Reset MX and GW virtual appliances

Posted 05-16-2024 09:52
    Edited by Uiliam de Mello 05-16-2024 09:52

Hi all,

I'm deploying a new Imperva DAM environment (VMware virtual devices, v14.14, MX-HA and 9 gateways, distributed on 3 Large Server Clusters, with Separate agent network). For some reason, 2 of 3 gw clusters not working correctly. I've set gw's with same configuration (except IP addresses and cluster ports, for obvious reasons). Once it's a new environment, before contact support, I'd like to "factory reset" these virtual appliances, so:
    - There's some way to make a "full reset" on GW's and MX's virtual appliances, without re-deploy the OVF on vCenter ?
    - It would be correct to say that, recreating the appliance databases (stop the service, then impctl db delete -> impctl db create -> impctl 'service' start), I'd be resetting the appliances ?

Regards,

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Uiliam de Mello
    Information Security Analyst
    Brazil

• 2.  RE: DAM - Reset MX and GW virtual appliances
    Best Answer

Posted 05-19-2024 09:26

For MX you can try procedure described here - "How to Perform a Full Configuration Reset - Recreate MX DB- On-Premises" https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/z-kb-articles-km/page/565afdba.html

For GW command "impcfg --init" ( First Time Login reinitiating) would be enough in most cases.

Marat Makhlin
    Imperva
    On-Prem Technical Lead

• 3.  RE: DAM - Reset MX and GW virtual appliances

Posted 05-29-2024 16:37

Hi Uiliam, 

Please follow the document shared by Marat : https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/z-kb-articles-km/page/565afdba.html

And, After you deploy the DAM Environment, I would recommend taking a snapshot of your VMs and Also Taking an export back up of MX configuration. (for future use in case of reverting the VMs and Configuration)

Best,

Vihar

Vihar Desai