Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Imperva Security Rule URL Starts With

Posted 28 days ago

I'm trying to create some Security rules, and I can't get a "URL Starts with" rule to save.  It keeps telling me that I need to have a ^/ in the URL.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Example without ^/
    Example with ^/

#AllImperva
    #CloudWAF(formerlyIncapsula)

------------------------------
    Tyler Sigley
    Sr. Manager - Digital Architect
    British American Shared Services (GSD) Limited
    London

• 2.  RE: Imperva Security Rule URL Starts With

Posted 28 days ago
    Edited by Jaired Anderson 28 days ago

Hi Tyler,

Click the blue "+Add" button to "build" the rule. 

You will see it will populate the Editor window, and you will notice that when you select "starts with" it will be displayed in the editor window as "^/example".

This is because the rule is being represent/displayed in a quasi-regex form. In regex, "^" denotes the beginning of a string.

If you were to use "ends with" as the filter, you will see it displayed as "/example$" because in regex "$" denotes the end of a string. 

You can string multiple filters together by continuing to add criteria. For example:

This rule will match if the URL starts with /example and the client is originating from Great Britian.

You can also use a semi colon to define multiple paths. 

For more information on the syntax, please see: https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/cloud-application-security/page/rules/rule-syntax.htm 

Jaired Anderson
    Imperva
    https://www.imperva.com/

• 3.  RE: Imperva Security Rule URL Starts With

Posted 28 days ago

Thanks.  I was just reading the error message too literally.  It told me that the URL needed to start with ^/ when it really just means that it needs to start with a /

Tyler Sigley
    Sr. Manager - Digital Architect
    British American Shared Services (GSD) Limited
    London