Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Monitor changes in both database and server level role

Posted 03-06-2023 09:02

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom policy (using privileged operation) for monitoring changes in roles for both db groups (dbo for example) and server groups (sysadmin for example)

I selected the operations related to alter role and alter server role but the member removal is not captured. It only shows when a new member was added.

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Polycarpos Kontogiannis
    Senior Cybersecurity engineer
    Odyssey Consultants-Cyprus
    Athens

• 2.  RE: Monitor changes in both database and server level role

Posted 03-08-2023 18:22

Hi Polycarpos

You will create a command group in the Global objects , and find the alter role and alter server role, and this command group add to the custom security policy and test the rule

Alejandro Hernandez
    Consultant and Trainer
    Soluciones Integrales en Capacitacion SA de CV ("SICAP")
    Mexico D.F

• 3.  RE: Monitor changes in both database and server level role

Posted 03-09-2023 03:36

Hello,

I have already tried that but it only shows alerts for add member and not remove member

Polycarpos Kontogiannis
    Expert Cybersecurity Engineer | Solutions (Gr)
    237, Mesogeion Avenue, 154 51 N. Psychiko, Athens  Greece
     T. +302106565200   E. 249
    pkontogiannis@odysseycs.com

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the
    intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. The content of this email may contain private views and opinions, which do not constitute formal disclosure or commitment unless specifically stated.