Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  MX and Gateway Patching/Upgrade

Posted 12-01-2022 00:51
    Hi All,

In our environment Imperva DAM GW's and MX are running in version 13.6.0.70_0.

Currently we have one of Agent having extreme load and due to that corresponding Gateway is having high CPU utilization.

We were in troubleshooting process and trying to whitelist the connections process wise but its not effective.

Imperva said
    gateway and MX are running on 13.6.0.70_0 which have been recalled due to various known issues and bugs.

Imperva recommended to upgrade gateways and MX to the latest v13.6 patch 88 at least for time being and consider moving to v14.x soon.

I need to know is it recommended to to patching on appliances when Gateway and cluster is having high CPU utilization.

R. Sankarganesh

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    R. Sankarganesh

• 2.  RE: MX and Gateway Patching/Upgrade

Posted 12-01-2022 07:44
    Hi,

during the upgrade/update, all processes are going down, and CPU utilization is going down too.
    During the update, the agent will be collecting all logs on DB server HDDs.
    If you use the L2 In-line bridge gateway configuration the last supported version for this configuration is 14.7.X
    If you use only agents you can upgrade to the newest version 14.9.10 is reasonably ok and I think stable.
    I have two installations at my customers on 14.9.10 with DSF.

Before upgrading you have to check your monitoring DB version because the newest DAM version could not support all older DB versions.

regards,
    KAROL

Karol Gruszczynski
    IT Security Expert
    Trafford IT Sp. z o.o.
    Warsaw

• 3.  RE: MX and Gateway Patching/Upgrade

Posted 12-02-2022 17:59
    Hi,

Patching is relatively quick and safe compared to an upgrade from 13.x to 14.x

You can try upgrading the GWs one at a time to patch 88 and there should not be an issue as these GWs are in the cluster. 

Post patching all the GWs to patch 88, based on the result you can plan your upgrade from 13.x to 14.x. And in case of an upgrade, I would recommend 14.7 version as this is an LTS version.

Kishore Achuthani
    BU Head
    Meta Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
    Secunderabad