Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  report about bandwidth

Posted 10-20-2023 23:33

Hello,

I was looking for a way to have a bandwidth report by sites or server group, but I haven't found a way.

Have you ever got something similar?
    Regards

#On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)

------------------------------
    Jesus Arturo Zena Gamero
    Supervisor Soporte
    SecureSoft
    Lima

• 2.  RE: report about bandwidth

Posted 10-24-2023 00:26

Dear Jesus,

Thanks for reaching out on Imperva forum.

We might not have historical data for each application, but here's a quick way to check live server group traffic. Just follow these steps:

Command:

cat /proc/hades/*ServerGroupName/status

Don't forget to replace "ServerGroupName" with the actual name of your server group. (We have folders in that directory with server group names)

Hope this helps!

Nikhil Nandode

• 3.  RE: report about bandwidth

Posted 01-15-2024 02:24

This thread is a few months old, but we have customers who have implemented multiple different solutions to track what you're asking for.  Some of the solutions implemented that I recall are:

1. scripts that output data to logs or another system for analysis
      1. eg.. MX Toolbox @ https://github.com/imperva/mx-toolbox/tree/master/performance-monitoring
      2. Graffana Performance Dashboards @ https://github.com/imperva/mx-toolbox/tree/master/performance-monitoring/influxdb_grafana
    2. leverage reporting from load-balancer or other network devices monitoring those sites or server groups, etc.
    3. run a get-tech-info on the relevant gateway appliance, unpack the ZIP files, and review the status and performance data
      1. It's workable for troubleshooting purposes to understand what's happening, but it's a rolling 72-hour snapshot for the performance data, etc.  It might help when needed, but it may not be granular enough for your needs.
    4. A few customer "watch" commands or scripts observing dynamic data in the /proc/hades/ hierarchy that were able to be used to observe applicable bandwidth in real time that support and PS used for troubleshooting, etc.

May I ask you, though, what's the objective?  What are you trying to accomplish with the data?

John Thompson
    Director, Channel Presales
    Imperva
    San Diego CA