Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  [WAF_On-premises] Mismatch configuration between two gateway devices at the same device group

Posted 17 days ago

Hi everyone,

According to our design, our two gateway devices operate independently and do not run HA (High Availability) between the two devices (expect work as TRP mode and fail-open operation). We see that device WAF-02 is operating as expected, but device 01 is not fail-open as a configuration with error log as below (note that two gateways is not running in HA) and same configuration at the same device group.

I see some differences in the configuration within the folder GTI: info/gwstatus.xml files across two devices. Despite configuring a Gateway group on MX  and adding both devices to it, these differences persist. I'm unsure of the cause.

how could i configure WAF-01 to match WAF-02's configuration, specifically setting fail-open to true, is-ha to false, and ensuring that all bridges are set to is-ha-active=true?

#On-PremisesWAF(formerlySecuresphere)

------------------------------
    Dinh Ngo Van
    Network Security
    Misoft
    Bac Ninh

• 2.  RE: [WAF_On-premises] Mismatch configuration between two gateway devices at the same device group
    Best Answer

Posted 16 days ago

Hi Dinh,

Could you try to toggle bridge ha configuration by navigating to impcfg>Gateway>Interfaces path as seen on the screenshot below on GW1 in order to to make the same configuration as GW2? Then please share the results here.

Cezmi Cal
    Consultant
    Barikat Internet Guvenligi Bilisim Ticaret A.S.
    Ankara

• 3.  RE: [WAF_On-premises] Mismatch configuration between two gateway devices at the same device group

Posted 16 days ago

Thanks  Cezmi for your helpful information. I followed your guideline and this is the result – it's done and the configuration on WAF-01 has been changed to match WAF-02. 

Dinh Ngo Van
    Network Security
    Misoft
    Bac Ninh

• 4.  RE: [WAF_On-premises] Mismatch configuration between two gateway devices at the same device group

Posted 16 days ago

Hi Dinh,

I am glad it helped and thank you for sharing the result.

If your problem is solved, it will be helpful for others if you mark the answer as "best answer".

Cezmi Cal
    Consultant
    Barikat Internet Guvenligi Bilisim Ticaret A.S.
    Ankara

• 5.  RE: [WAF_On-premises] Mismatch configuration between two gateway devices at the same device group

Posted 16 days ago

Hello Dinh Ngo Van,

Thank you for the post, You can change the mode using the impctl command line utility. For more information you can refer the below link,

https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/v15.2-waf-administration-guide/page/8576.htm

Syed Noor Fazal
    Product Support Engineer