Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  what is process to change Capacity Management Mode

Posted 11-07-2023 04:56
    Edited by John Thompson 02-08-2024 22:01

Hi Team,

What is process to change Cluster Capacity Management Mode to Automatic from Manual - Limited Capacity?

is any impact on gateway if i change from Manual - Limited Capacity to Automatic.

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    Alok Kumar
    Senior consultant
    Eversource Energy Service Company
    Hartford CT

• 2.  RE: what is process to change Capacity Management Mode

Posted 11-14-2023 06:04
    Edited by John Thompson 02-08-2024 21:20

Hello Alok,

Thank you for the post, for more details on capacity management in the cluster environment, you can refer the below link,

https://docs.imperva.com/bundle/v14.13-database-activity-monitoring-user-guide/page/6633.htm

Syed Noor Fazal
    Product Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: what is process to change Capacity Management Mode

Posted 02-08-2024 22:01
    Edited by John Thompson 02-08-2024 22:01

Hi Alok,

While your your question is not specifically asking about gateway or cluster capacity, but rather how to adjust the management of it between manual definition and automatically managed by the system, I thought it way be worth sharing the following anyway.

Whenever capacity has come up in the last 4-5 years, I've offered to look at the existing load and coverage of a customer's entire data estate.  The reason I raise the question and make the offer is that we've been developing and releasing a larger per MX and per gateway capacity since then.  If you compare a standard OnPrem DAM (SecureSphere DAM) deployment from a few years ago, to the exact same appliances and software versions deployed today in Large Scale Mode, you can fully realize a 3x improvement in capacity.  You can read more about it here if you're interested:

If you'd like to review your architecture or environment capacity, please just reach out to your TAM, DSE, CSM, account team, or professional services team.

Thanks,

John Thompson
    Director, Channel Presales
    Imperva
    San Diego CA