Security Modules and Alert Mode
Alert mode should only be used for websites that are subject to the “Cross Site Scripting Rule”. If your website is not subject to the rule and your security modules are set to “Alert Only”, your settings may not be meeting best practice.
Please follow the below steps to change settings:
1. Log in to your my.imperva.com account.
2. On the sidebar, click Websites (default).
3. Click a site name to access the site's dashboard.
4. On the sidebar, click Settings.
5. Click WAF and you will be directed to the below page:
When trying to uncover your origin IPs, perpetrators don’t have to limit themselves to simply resolving your domain name. One of the things that attackers can, and will often do, is dig around for a historical record of your origin address, which is likely to exist on one of the many websites that harvest and store domain information and IP history. To make this information irrelevant, we strongly suggest that you relocate your origin to a new IP right after activating Incapsula. That way, resolving your domain name will only “expose” our network IPs and attacks on your legacy IP will always miss their target. Note that this doesn’t mean that you have to change hosting providers, as you are very likely to have an option to relocate to a different IP address on the same hosting service. For the remaining steps, please click here
. Cloud WAF Webinar Onboarding and Best PracticesFor additional Imperva Community resources, look below:
- Cloud WAF Onboarding - This resource bundle pulls together community discussions and resources into one easy place for you to access. It’s a collection of our resources to support you throughout your on-boarding process, as well as supplement your product education as you navigate the platform.
- Imperva Cloud WAF SSL Certificates: Resource Bundle - We have compiled a list of FAQ's around SSL certificates. If you did not find an answer to your question, please ask it here on the community and we will help you get the answers.
- Imperva Insights: Video - Cloud WAF Security Dashboard
- Imperva Insights: Video - Cloud WAF Website Dashboards - Real-Time
- Imperva Insights: Video - Cloud WAF Performance Dashboards
- Imperva Insights: Explainer Video - Cloud WAF Website Dashboard - Metrics and Real-time Data
- Imperva Insights: Explainer Video - Cloud WAF Website Dashboard - Activity Log