Imperva Support Portal and Community Terms
- Support Portal Terms and Conditions
- Access to the Support Portal is subject to the signed agreement between Imperva, Inc. (“Imperva”) and the relevant End User of Imperva products and services, or if End User has not signed such an agreement, then the End User License and Services Agreement available at https://www.imperva.com/legal/license-agreement/ at the time of purchase.
- Imperva Community Terms and Conditions
The Community is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on the Community. If you have questions, contact the member services department.
By joining and using the Community, you agree:
a. That your use of the Community is subject to the Imperva website terms and conditions available at https://www.imperva.com/legal/website-terms-of-use/;
b. That you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set out in this document; and
c. To reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium.
To the extent there is any conflict between a) and b), then b) shall take precedence.
- Posting on the Community
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Community Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization, subject to the exceptions noted below.
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
- Government and Legal Disclosures. We may disclose the personal information we collect through the Community, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of the Community; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
- Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through the Community have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- The Community is provided as a forum not a service. Imperva Inc. is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on the Community by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on the Community, whether posted by Imperva Inc. or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Imperva Inc. be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the Community.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Imperva Inc. and users of the Community, the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Imperva Inc. does not actively monitor the Community for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Imperva Inc. we will take all appropriate action.
- Imperva Inc. reserves the right to terminate or suspend access to the Community for any end user who violates the terms and conditions as set out in this Agreement.