Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Is there any way to modify SQL Response before it reaches to end point (application, user, etc.)?

Posted 12-13-2019 06:10
    Hi all,

I want to modify/mask SQL response based on matching some pattern. I think, I can achieve matching pattern by using Generic Dictionary Search criterion, but how can I modify/mask matching part of the raw SQL query?

Thanks,
    #DatabaseActivityMonitoring
    #AllImperva

------------------------------
    cezmi çal
    technical expert
    Barikat Cyber Security

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to modify SQL Response before it reaches to end point (application, user, etc.)?

Posted 12-15-2019 04:44
    Hi Cezmi,

If I understand correctly, you are asking if there's an option to modify the query on the MX so it would reach the server/client different than it was submitted.
    Such option doesn't exist, the possibilities you have are to "catch" specific queries and mask for MX reports or events view only.

IraMiga

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to modify SQL Response before it reaches to end point (application, user, etc.)?

Posted 12-16-2019 01:08
    Hi Ira,

Thanks for response. I know data masking feature that masking the sensitive data on MX GUI or reports.

However, I wonder whether I can mask/redact SQL server response based on my criteria so that the client or web application could not see the real data of its SQL request query.

cezmi çal
    technical expert
    Barikat Cyber Security

• 4.  RE: Is there any way to modify SQL Response before it reaches to end point (application, user, etc.)?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-18-2019 14:46
    Imperva doesn't mask data in transit to the client.  The Imperva data masking solution allows you to mask a copy of the database and then give users that don't need the original access to the masked copy.  (depending on your license, you may need an additional license for the Imperva data masking solution).

Jim