Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Implementation Workflows: What do you recommend?

Posted 10-15-2019 09:50
    With implementation in mind, I'm interested in hearing how everyone manages implementing new applications and the workflows they have in place to ensure success. How is the cross-functional relationship between teams within your organization dictating the management of your WAF Cloud or On-Prem products? For example, who is taking responsibility for implementing new applications behind WAF?

#CloudWAF(formerlyIncapsula)
    #AllImperva

------------------------------
    Heimir Kristjansson
    Amer Sports

• 2.  RE: Implementation Workflows: What do you recommend?

Posted 10-17-2019 07:56
    Hi Heimir,
    that's a tough one ;-)
    I just come off a customer call where the customer asked me who is usually leading the WAF project (RnD, project manager, network engineers, etc...). Your post echoed this discussion we just had.
    To be honest I see a lot of different setups.
    That are influenced by 2 factors from my experience:
    - Cloud or On-Prem (totally different teams are to be involved technically)
    - The type of customer/website: ecommerce, financial site or payment platform, gaming...
    In ecommerce site, I see that the project is led much closer to digital marketing teams for instance, where any change on the site can have a large impact on the conversion rate. So we see more business-oriented stakeholders involved. Also looking at SEO KPIs during the implementation and page load times.
    Otherwise in most scenarios I personnally see project managers liaising the setup closed to web developers. In Cloud WAF setups
    On-prem is a quite different story. Where infra teams are leading more often (from my experience, can't tell I've seen it all)

Jonathan Gruber