Some of our customers have some concerns about the Imperva generated certificated, that is being configured in the process of onboarding a new site.
The concerns are around losing traffic while waiting for the process to end.
One question that came up is if there is a way to pre-issue the Imperva certificate and have it ready in order to speed up the process.
The DNS record required to obtain an SSL certificate is separate from the DNS records required to route traffic through Imperva CWAF.
This means it is possible to, and definitely recommended to acquire the cert prior to routing traffic to the site.
Once a site is onboarded to Imperva CWAF - you can think of it as "staged". It is not "live" until you modify the DNS record to the appropriate CNAME. (and/or A record if one is provided)
When the site is "staged" you can update your DNS accordingly to acquire the SSL certificate.
Please let me know if you have any questions.