Imperva Cyber Community

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Gateway Harddisk change - upgrade our appliance from 13.6 Patch 90 to V14.7 Patch 60

Posted 05-29-2023 11:30
    Edited by Sankar Ganesh 05-29-2023 11:31

Hi Team,

We have planned to upgrade our appliance from 13.6 Patch 90 to V14.7 Patch 60.

In one of the gateway there are two hard disks one is SCSI and other is IDE as per Hardware requirements we need to change IDE type HDD to SCSI 

After changing the Hard disk type need to redeploy the gateway.

It should not be necessary you to remove the GW from the cluster while rebuilding it you select "the gateway will replace an existing one" and you use the same GW parameter it currently uses.  In that way the replacement will be smooth.

Can you anyone share the process of  "the gateway will replace an existing one", I need exact steps so that it will be helpful for me.

Also let me know if we increase the Size of already existing SCSI to 360 GB will this upgrade will work, without changing the IDE one?

__PRESENT

#DatabaseActivityMonitoring

------------------------------
    R. Sankarganesh

• 2.  RE: Gateway Harddisk change - upgrade our appliance from 13.6 Patch 90 to V14.7 Patch 60

Posted 06-02-2023 08:47

Hi Sankar,

Thanks for posting. I am looking into this for you.

Would you be able to share the link to the documentation you are quoting above, please?

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah Lamont
    Digital Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Gateway Harddisk change - upgrade our appliance from 13.6 Patch 90 to V14.7 Patch 60

Posted 06-08-2023 02:02

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply.

Below is the article.

https://support.imperva.com/s/document-item?bundleId=v14.10-dam-upgrade-guide&topicId=76301.htm&_LANG=enus

R. Sankarganesh